The Rim Country Museum complex consists of the oldest Forest Ranger Station and
residence still standing in the Southwest.
The Ranger Station is the
original from 1907. The ranger
home, now our gift shop and office, was rebuilt on the same foundation in
The exhibit hall is a replica of the two story 'Herron Hotel' known as the
'Hilton of Payson' in the early 1900's.
Additionally we have a circa 1900 Haught cabin that was painstakingly moved to
our grounds. Also on the grounds is the top portion of the Forest Service fire
lookout tower that was originally located on Mt. Ord.